The documents & information you'll need
Feel prepared when you visit a branch to open your Small Business Banking Account.
All applicants should provide one Government-Issued form of Identification1 (e.g. Driver's License, Passport) and a Business Formation Document.
All applicants should be prepared with information about their business, including Business Name, Taxpayer Identification Number, Transaction Activity, Number of Employees, etc.
For all individuals associated with the business:
- Date of Birth
- Residential Address 2
- Citizenship Status
- Country of Residence
- Country of Citizenship
- Social Security Number/Individual Taxpayer Identification Number
- (or Government-Issued ID for Nonresident Alien in lieu of SSN'/'ITIN')'
- Percent of Ownership
Associated individuals include:
- Account Signers
- Authorized Signers
- Owners of Business (10 percent or more)
- All Owners of a Personal Investment Company or Business Trust
- Controlling Persons3
- If NRA, two forms of Government-Issued ID are required.
- Required only for Owners of 25% or more and one Controlling Person. Documentation to verify this information may be required if Third Party Verifications are not successful.
- Any person with significant responsibility for managing the business (e.g., President, Managing Member, General Partner, Treasurer, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Chief Operating Officer, etc.)