Payments compatible with your life
Google Pay makes it easier than ever to pay with your Citi card
- In Stores
Shop in stores without sharing your card number with merchants.
Your payment info is pre-filled so you can speed through checkout.
- Within apps
On the go? Shop within merchant apps to grab your groceries, coffee, or a ride.
To add a new Citi card to Google Pay and set it as your default, simply:
- Open the Google Pay app, go to Cards, and click on the + sign to add a credit or debit card.
- Take a picture of the card or enter your card information manually.
- Once it’s verified, select your card as default to use in stores, online, and within apps.
Your favorite Citi® card.
Your favorite places.
No need to juggle between your phone and your wallet at checkout. Pay with your Citi card and Google Pay at your favorite places:
in stores, in apps and online.
Just look for one of these symbols at checkout:
Google Pay is much more than an app. It’s a way to easily pay with your Citi cards in stores, online, and within merchant apps. You can also use it to keep your gift and loyalty cards on hand when you shop at your favorite stores. Plus, Google Pay makes it easy to keep track of purchases, redeem loyalty points, and get personalized suggestions to help you save time and money. Get Google Pay
All Citi branded consumer credit and debit cards issued in the US are eligible for Google Pay, except for ATM cards, American Express cards, and Citi® / AAdvantage® cards. Citi branded business cards are not eligible for Google Pay, except for US issued Costco Anywhere Visa® Business cards.
Just unlock your phone and hold near the terminal. You don’t even need to open the app.
When you pay in stores, your real card number is not shared with merchants. Instead it is replaced with a unique digital card number that helps protect your card information. You will see this digital card number shown on Google Pay as a 4-digit ‘virtual account number’.
With Google Pay, you can pay online and within apps with a few quick clicks. Just look for the Google Pay logo or the Buy with Google Pay button at checkout, choose your Citi card as preferred payment method (or set it as default card), and complete the order. Your payment information will be automatically filled, so you don’t need to type anything.
Your payment information is linked to your Google Account when you:
- Buy a Google product or service (like an app or movie on Google Play or storage space for Google Drive)
- Add cards to Google Pay, Chrome, or another Google payment product. To learn more about which payment information you have on file with Google, visit the Google payments center.
- Open the Google Pay app.
- On the lower right, tap Cards
- Tap the card you want to make your default card
- Tap Set as default
Tip: You can also open the Google Pay app, swipe left at the top to find the card you want to make default, then tap Pay with this card, or tap the NFC symbol next to the card image in the "cards" menu
All of the great benefits that already come with your card are there for you, such as:
- $0 Liability on unauthorized transactions. You are completely covered for any unauthorized transactions on your account.
- Experience More. Enjoy special access to purchase tickets to the best in music, sports and dining with Citi® Private Pass®.
Learn more about these and other great benefits that your card may be eligible for.
- Google Pay app works on Android devices running KitKat 4.4 or higher.
- You won’t be able to use your iPhone to pay in stores with Google Pay, unless you are making the payment with an Android Wear smartwatch that is paired to an iPhone.
Google provides a service called Android Device Manager which helps to find, locate, and erase a device if it is lost or stolen. Additionally, you can call the number on back of your card and a customer service representative will help you.
Visit the Citi Security Center to learn more about how Citi can help keep you protected.
For more information on your payment security for Google Pay, click here.