Use your Citi® card with Google Pay™
Google Pay makes it easier than ever to pay with your Citi card.
- Split the bill with a group — Start a group to split expenses for things like rent, bills and Taco Tuesdays.
- See what you spend — View purchases by category or search specific items to better understand your spending habits.
- Make purchases more rewarding — Activate offers from your favorite businesses to earn rewards.
- Leave your wallet at home — Store credit or debit cards, loyalty cards, transit passes, event tickets and boarding passes in Google Pay for quick, easy access right from your phone.
To add a new Citi card to Google Pay and set it as your default, simply:
Your favorite Citi® card.
Your favorite places.
No need to juggle between your phone and your wallet at checkout.
Pay with Google Pay at millions of places. Pay in apps, on websites, at gas stations and restaurants and anywhere contactless payments are accepted.
Just look for one of these symbols at checkout:
Google Pay FAQs
Google Pay is much more than an app. It's a way to easily pay with your Citi cards in stores, online, and within merchant apps. You can also use it to keep your gift and loyalty cards on hand when you shop at your favorite stores. Plus, Google Pay makes it easy to keep track of purchases, redeem loyalty points, and get personalized suggestions to help you save time and money. Download the Google Pay app from Google Play™ or the App Store
All Citi branded consumer credit and debit cards issued in the US are eligible for Google Pay, except for ATM cards, American Express® cards, and Citi® / AAdvantage® cards. Citi branded business cards are not eligible for Google Pay, except for US issued Costco Anywhere Visa® Business cards.
Just unlock your phone and hold near the terminal. You don't even need to open the app. Find stores and apps that accept Google Pay
With Google Pay, you can pay online and within apps with a few quick clicks. Just look for the Google Pay logo or the Buy with Google Pay button at checkout, choose your Citi card as preferred payment method (or set it as default card), and complete the order. Your payment information will be automatically filled, so you don't need to type anything.
When you pay in stores, your real card number is not shared with merchants. Instead, it is replaced with a unique digital card number that helps protect your card information.
This means that when you use Google Pay to pay in stores:
- Your real card number is not shared with merchants
- Statements and receipts will show the digital card number
- To return items you might need to show the digital card number
You will see this digital card number shown on Google Pay as a 4-digit ‘virtual account number’.
- It's simple, just open the Google Pay app on your phone.
- On the bottom, tap ‘Payment’.
- Tap on the Citi Card you want to make your default.
- Turn on ‘Default for in-store payments’.
All of the great benefits that already come with your card are there for you, such as:
- $0 Liability on unauthorized transactions. You are completely covered for any unauthorized transactions on your account.
- Citi Entertainment® ‐ get special access to purchase tickets to thousands of events, including presale tickets and exclusive experiences for the year's most anticipated concerts, sporting events, dining experiences and more.
Learn more about these and other great benefits that your card may be eligible for.
Google Pay works on Android devices running Lollipop 5.0 or above. iPhones or iPads require iOS 11.0 or higher.
The Citi Mobile® App.
Designed for you to spend less time on it.
With the Citi Mobile® App you can access account details in real time, view transactions, make payments fast, and even get a summary of your spending habits.
Download the Citi Mobile App on Google Play or the App Store for exciting enhancements like fast access with Face ID® or Touch ID® and customized account alerts.