Payments compatible with your life
Apple Pay is the easy and secure way to pay with your Citi card in millions of places.
Shop in stores without sharing your card number with merchants.
Your payment info is pre-filled so you can speed through checkout.
On the go? Shop within merchant apps to grab your groceries, coffee, or a ride.
It's simple to get started
Add your eligible Citi® Credit card and Citibank® Debit card to Apple Pay right from the Citi Mobile® App for iOS.
- Go to the "Services" tab on the Citi Mobile App for iOS and select "Link Your Card"
- Tap "Add to Apple Wallet™" and choose the Citi card you would like to add to your iPhone® or Apple Watch®
- Enter the one-time password to authenticate.
You can also add your eligible Citi Card to Apple Pay from the Apple Wallet app. Here's how:
- Go to the Wallet app on your iPhone
- Tap the plus sign + in the upper-right corner
- Enter your card's security code to add your card from your iTunes® account. Or, select "Add a different card" and use your camera to enter the card information.
Click here to learn how to add your Citi card to Apple Pay from your iPad®, Apple Watch®, or Mac®.
Your favorite Citi® card. Your favorite places.
Pay with your Citi card and Apple Pay in millions of places - in stores, within apps and online.
Just look for one of these symbols at checkout:
APPLE PAY FAQs
Which Citi cards are eligible to use with Apple Pay?
All Citi-branded consumer credit and debit cards issued in the US are eligible for Apple Pay, except for ATM cards and Chairman cards. In addition, Costco Anywhere Visa® Business cards, CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Select cards and CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® cards are also eligible.
How can I add my card to Apple Pay from the Citi Mobile App for iOS?
You can add eligible Citi Credit cards and Citibank Debit cards to Apple Pay on your iPhone and Apple Watch. It's fast, protected, and simple.
1. Open the Citi Mobile App, go to the "Services" tab, and select "Link Your Card"
2. Choose the card and the device you want to add it to- iPhone or Apple Watch
3. Accept Terms and authenticated with a one time password. Once verified, your Citi card is ready to use in Apple Pay.
How does Apple Pay help protect my Citi card information?
To help keep your card information safe, Apple Pay replaces your real card number with a unique digital card number, which is also called digital account number.
This means that when you pay with Apple Pay:
- Your real card number is not shared with merchants
- Statements and receipts will show the digital card number
- To return items you might need to show the digital card number
How can I set up my Citi card as the default payment method with Apple Pay?
The first Citi card added to Apple Pay will automatically be set as your default payment card. Any time you use Apple Pay at a merchant's point of sale, in apps, or on the web during a purchase, the default card will automatically be chosen to pay for that purchase unless you manually change the payment card.
You can also change the default payment card at any time in the Apple Pay settings menu. Go to "Wallet & Apple Pay" under your device settings to select your card as default. See how here.
What Citi card benefits do I enjoy with Apple Pay?
All of the great benefits that already come with your card are there for you, such as:
- $0 Liability on unauthorized transactions. You are completely covered for any unauthorized transactions on your account.
- Citi Entertainment® — get special access to purchase tickets to thousands of events, including presale tickets and exclusive experiences for the year's most anticipated concerts, sporting events, dining experiences and more.
Learn more about these and other great benefits that your card may be eligible for.
Which devices are compatible with Apple Pay?
Click here to view the full list of devices that are compatible with Apple Pay.
What happens if my phone is lost or stolen?
You can use Find My iPhone to quickly put your device in Lost Mode to suspend Apple Pay, or you can wipe your device clean completely. Additionally, you can call the number on back of your card and a customer service representative will help you.
Visit the Citi Security Center to learn more about how Citi can help keep you protected.
Where can I learn more?
Learn more about Apple Pay at www.apple.com/apple-pay
The Citi Mobile® App.
Designed for you to spend less time on it.
With the Citi Mobile App you can access account details in real time, view transactions, make payments fast, and even get a summary of your spending habits.
Download the Citi Mobile App for exciting enhancements like fast access with Face ID® or Touch ID® and customized account alerts.