Mergers and Acquisitions
Agency & Trust provides a comprehensive service offering which frees up our clients to focus on the commercial aspects of their mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions. A team of experienced professionals provides superior product knowledge, customized service and processing expertise that spans a multitude of transactional activities.
- Paying, Tender or Exchange Agent
- Escrow Agent
- Closing Agent
- Tax Reporting
- Escheatment Services
- Multi-country and multicurrency transaction experience
For more information please visit, www.citiactions.com
Citi can help facilitate acquisitions and ease the closing process with a variety of services that include:
- Tender, exchange and paying agent services to facilitate payments to holders, tax reporting, and post-merger cleanup via the initiation of an unclaimed property program
- Escrow services to address holdback or indemnification issues
- Receive and invest funds for purchase price prefunding
- Closing agent services to guide complex transactions to a smooth conclusion
- Enable clients to maximize returns through providing access to a full range of investment options
We can process and monitor payments to facilitate a seamless transaction.
- As your tender, exchange or paying agent, we will process payments promptly, and field inquiries from you and your shareholders so you can focus on the most important elements of your transaction. Our online Letter of Transmittal process improves accuracy, timing, and information flow.
- Provide a dedicated team of experienced administration officers to facilitate a smooth and successful transaction. You will be provided a single point of contact for reporting of positions tendered and outstanding, shareholder hot lines, and ongoing support throughout the closing process.
- Should your transaction require an indemnification or holdback escrow, we can facilitate payments of escrowed assets to your holders.
- Enable clients to maximize returns through providing access to a full range of investment options.
Simplify your next M&A transaction while minimizing time and resources for your clients. Whether you represent the acquiring or selling firm, we can help your transaction run smoothly. Our services include:
- A relationship manager who will serve as the point of contact for you and your client for all your transaction service needs
- Standard agreements across multiple jurisdictions and geographies to facilitate documentation of each type of M&A escrow and payment services appointments
- Custom agreements to meet your specific transaction needs
- Administration of all types of M&A transactions, and meet your client’s needs
- Access to Citi's dedicated and experienced administration officers and attorneys to discuss documentation issues